Number 1...March 1996
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit, voluntary organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, preservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Editor's Rant
- ....This is an experimental newsletter; should it continue?
- Australian Floral Emblems 1; Acacia pycnantha
- The Golden Wattle...Australia's Floral Emblem.
- Propagation and Cultivation of Flannel Flower
- Research into propagation and cultivation of this much loved wildflower.
- Phosphorus and Iron Nutrition in Australian Native Plants
- Methods of preventing phosphorus toxicity and iron deficiency.
- Views of the Australian Landscape 1; The Dutch Explorers
- What did the early Europeans think about the Australian flora?
- Please Don't Squash Me...Until you Read This!
- Are those bugs that are chewing your favourite plants really as bad as you think?
- Southern Californian Experiences
- Growing Australian plants (especially Grevillea) at Santa Cruz.
- Grafting Prostantheras
- Improving the hardiness of the colourful "Mint Bushes".
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online to the Editor. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants can also be sent to the email address below. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
- Electronic Mailbox
- A forum for our readers...your chance to have your say.
- Short Cuts
- An eclectic collection of short items from the World of Australian Plants.
- A Good Read
- Reviews of current print and electronic publications on the Australian flora.
- Net Watch
- Interesting sites on the Internet...not all to do with Australian plants.
- Back Issues
- Back issues???!! What back issues?
- Subscribing is FREE! and we keep you informed of new issues.
|The deadline for the June 1996 issue is 1 May 1996
Visit the Society's home page
Xanthorrhoea logo courtesy of SGAP Victoria.
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the Society for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Editor: Brian Walters
The Society for Growing Australian Plants
Issue date: 20 March 1996