Number 20...December 2000
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Odds and Ends
- Australian Plants Societies; A botanical dictionary; Australian birds atlas; Karwarra Gardens online; Australian native plants as weeds; Virtual palm and cycad encyclopaedias; "Australian Plants"...in print!!!
- Favourites - 3
- Hardenbergia violacea - Native or False Sarsaparilla
- Christmas Trees
- Australian native plants that are at their best at this time of year
- Sir Thomas' Plants
- Retracing the journey of Sir Thomas Mitchell in central Queensland
- Glyphosate and Cancer
- Is there a link??? The evidence is conflicting.
- Poor Relations....
- Often overlooked members of the Boronia family
- Direct Seeding of Native Vegetation to Achieve Biological Diversity
- Techniques for species regeneration and reversal of native vegetation decline
- The Australian Aquatic Garden
- Australian aquatic and wetland plants deserve to be better known
- Electronic Mailbox
- Problems, comments, suggestions...and a few answers.
- Short Cuts
- Grevillea baileyana - Spectacular foliage from the tropical north; Why grow native plants in pots anyway?; Growing Orchids from Seed; The Three "R"s of Garden Design; Propagating from Cuttings; Magic Moments - unexpected delights in a native garden.
- A Good Read
- Reviews of some publications on the Australian flora.
- Back Issues
- ...see what you've missed and download early articles!
It's FREE! and we notify you when future issues are available.
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. Please note that as a non-profit organisation, the Society is not in a position to pay for contributions. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants are also welcome - every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
|The deadline for the March 2001 issue is 15 February 2001
Society Web sites:
For more information about Australia's native plants, visit these web sites:
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the member Societies for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Editor: Brian Walters
Australian Plants online - December 2000
Issue date: 19 December 2000
Association of Societies for Growing Australian Plants