Number 3...September 1996
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit, voluntary organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, preservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Editor's Rant
- ....Survey results; what do you want to see here?
- Australian Floral Emblems 3; Dendrobium bigibbum
- "Cooktown Orchid"...The emblem of Queensland.
- The Impact of Fire: An Historical Perspective
- A look at fire in the Australian environment over the millennia.
- Planning for All-Year Colour
- Flowers are important but other factors should not be overlooked.
- Views of the Australian Landscape 3; The First Settlers
- The European settlers face an alien environment.
- Rediscovery of Grevillea batrachioides
- Persistence pays off in finding a species feared extinct.
- Murphy's Laws of Gardening
- Proof that disasters can occur in the garden as easily as in any other activity!
- The Golden Everlasting
- Growing the most popular of the "Paper Daisies".
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online to the Editor. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants can also be sent to the email address below. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
- Electronic Mailbox
- Your chance to criticise, object, ridicule....or praise (but only if you want to!)
- Short Cuts
- An eclectic collection of short items from the World of Australian Plants.
- A Good Read
- Reviews of current print and electronic publications on the Australian flora.
- Net Watch
- Interesting sites on the Internet...not all to do with Australian plants.
- Back Issues
- ...and now there are two!!
- It's FREE! Fill out the survey and help us plan future issues.
|The deadline for the December 1996 issue is 1 November 1996
Visit the Society's home page
Other SGAP Web sites can be found at Victoria and Canberra Regions. Xanthorrhoea logo courtesy of SGAP Victoria.
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the Society for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Editor: Brian Walters
Australian Plants online - September 1996
© Copyright 1996,The Society for Growing Australian Plants
Issue date: 7 September 1996