Number 6...June 1997
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit, voluntary organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, preservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Odds and Ends
- Plant Breeders' Rights; New cultivars; The cat menace; Media watch.
- Australian Floral Emblems 6; Gossypium sturtianum
- The floral emblem of the Northern Territory is related to the commercial cotton plant.
- Grey and Silver Plants in the Australian Garden
- Grey and silver foliaged plants have much to offer growers of Australian plants.
- Australian Plants in California
- Growing Australian plants at the Santa Cruz Arboretum.
- Australian Plants for Bonsai
- One way of indoor cultivation in extreme climates.
- Gardening by Computer
- Can you really plan a realistic garden at the keyboard?
- Germination Trials with Eremophila species
- Emu bushes are not the easiest to grow from seed...but it can be done!
- Growing Callistemons in Large Pots
- Lack of space is no barrier to growing bottlebrushes.
- Electronic Mailbox
- Problems, comments, suggestions...and a few answers.
- Short Cuts
- Growing dendrobiums; Vegetative propagation of eucalypts; Striking cuttings in winter; Australian plants and the senses; Botanical terminology; Preventing disease in potting mixes.
- A Good Read
- Reviews of current print and electronic publications on the Australian flora.
- Net Watch
- Sites worth visiting...some relevant and some "over the top"!
- Back Issues
- ...see what you've missed and download previous articles!
It's FREE! Fill out the survey and help us plan future issues.
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online to the the Editor. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. Please note that as a non-profit organisation, the Society is not in a position to pay for contributions. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants can also be sent to the email address below. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
|The deadline for the September 1997 issue is 1 August 1997
Visit the Society's home page
Other SGAP Web sites can be found at Victoria and Canberra Regions. Xanthorrhoea logo courtesy of SGAP Victoria.
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the Society for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Cartoons: Tim Roberts
Editor: Brian Walters
Australian Plants online - June 1997
© Copyright 1997,The Society for Growing Australian Plants
Issue date: 9 June 1997