Number 7...September 1997
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit, voluntary organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, preservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Odds and Ends
- Birdlife returns; Sneezin' up a storm; Cultivar watch; Media watch.
- Australian Floral Emblems 7; Anigozanthos manglesii
- The "Red and Green Kangaroo Paw" - the floral emblem of Western Australia.
- The Quandong (Santalum acuminatum) is a desert plant with a big future.
- Propagating the Quandong
- Meeting the challenge of propagating this root-parasite.
- Guests and Pests!- Australian plants overseas
- Australian plants as weeds at home and abroad.
- Australian Native Poisonous Plants
- The importance and scope of plant poisoning in Australia.
- Protecting and creating habitat in bushland and local parks and gardens
- Practical advice for assisting urban wildlife.
- Australian Hibiscus (and relatives) in Pots
- Often overlooked (even by enthusiasts), Australian hibiscus have much to offer.
- Electronic Mailbox
- Problems, comments, suggestions...and a few answers.
- Short Cuts
- From tree to seed; Tea tree oil; The "Bog Method"; Viruses and orchids; Eremophila racemosa - Back from the brink; Eight ways to kill cuttings.
- A Good Read
- Reviews of current print and electronic publications on the Australian flora.
- Net Watch
- Sites worth visiting...you're sure to agree!
- Back Issues
- ...see what you've missed and download early articles!
It's FREE! Fill out the survey and help us plan future issues.
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online to the the Editor. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. Please note that as a non-profit organisation, the Society is not in a position to pay for contributions. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants can also be sent to the email address below. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
|The deadline for the December 1997 issue is 1 November 1997
Visit the Society's home page at http://www.silo.riv.com.au/SGAP/index.html
Other SGAP Web sites can be found at Victoria and Canberra Regions. Xanthorrhoea logo courtesy of SGAP Victoria.
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the Society for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Wordprocessing: Maureen McGuire, Sandra Cook, Jan Heslep
Editor: Brian Walters
Australian Plants online - September 1997
© Copyright 1997,The Society for Growing Australian Plants
Issue date: 6 September 1997