Number 8...December 1997
Australian Plants online is published in March, June, September and December by the Society for Growing Australian Plants, a non-profit organisation dedicated to the growing, conservation, promotion and appreciation of Australian native plants.
- Odds and Ends
- An Australian plant mailing list? Archiving old articles; New cultivars; Media watch.
Australian Floral Emblems 8; Wahlenbergia gloriosa
- The "ACT Bluebell" - the floral emblem of the Australian Capital Territory.
A Simple Botany of Wattles
- The characteristics of the genus Acacia with a minimum of technical terms.
The Flowering Sands
- "Wallum" (coastal heath) is home to an enormous variety of plants.
- Bunya pines produce a bountiful harvest.
Phosphorus Needs of Australian Plants
- Removing the uncertainty regarding phosphorus toxicity.
Re-establishing Local Bushland in Suburban Melbourne
- Dedication pays dividends in the return of native flora.
Dyeing with Eucalypts
- This isn't a story about falling branches!!! Here we're adding colour to wool.....
- Problems, comments, suggestions...and a few answers.
- Growing plants from seed; Plant nomenclature; Getting the priorities right; Hakea trineura - a geographical oddity; Around the "S" bend; Growing grass trees.
A Good Read
- Reviews of some current publications on the Australian flora.
- Sites worth visiting...you're sure to agree!
- ...see what you've missed and download early articles!
It's FREE! Fill out the survey and help us plan future issues.
Please email any comments or suggestions on Australian Plants online to the the Editor. Contributions are extremely welcome but it is suggested that prospective articles be discussed with the editor before being prepared. Please note that as a non-profit organisation, the Society is not in a position to pay for contributions. General inquiries on the Society or any aspect of Australian plants can also be sent to the email address below. Every effort will be made to ensure a prompt reply but some delays may occur if the inquiry needs to be referred to others for an answer.
|The deadline for the March 1998 issue is 1 February 1998
Visit the Society's home page
Other SGAP Web sites can be found at Victoria, Queensland and Canberra Regions. Xanthorrhoea logo courtesy of SGAP Victoria.
Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and may not represent official policy of the Society for Growing Australian Plants. The copyright of all articles and images remains with the authors. Photographs in this issue are copyright Brian Walters unless otherwise indicated.
Cartoons: Tim Roberts
Wordprocessing: Raelea Nicholls, Ljubica Glavocevic
Editor: Brian Walters
Australian Plants online - December 1997
© Copyright 1997,The Society for Growing Australian Plants
Issue date: 7 December 1997