Australian Plants at Risk - Further Information
Much of the material for this 'Plants at Risk' section has come from one or more of the following publications. Briggs and Leigh (1995) is an essential guide to the ROTAP Coding system.
Books and Journals:
- Briggs, J.D. and Leigh, J.H. (1995); Rare or Threatened Australian Plants, Revised Edition, CSIRO Publishing, Australia.
- Butler, G (1993); The Cultivation of Australia's Threatened Flora, Association of Societies for Growing Australian Plants, 17th Biennial Seminar, Robert Menzies College, Sydney, September/October 1993.
- Leigh, J, Boden, R and Briggs, J. (1984); Extinct and Endangered Plants of Australia, MacMillan Australia.
- Leigh, J and Briggs, J. (1991); Conservation of Vascular Plants in Australia, in Native Plants for New South Wales (newsletter of the NSW Region of the Society for Growing Australian Plants), Vol.26, No.2, June 1991.
- Leigh, J, Briggs, J and Hartley, W. (1981); Rare or Threatened Australian Plants, Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service, Special Publication 7.
◄◄ Australian Plants at Risk Index Top ▲
- Australian Network for Plant Conservation - working to save Australia's native plants with links to State and Territory threatened species.
- Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts site, includes:
- The Wollemi Pine (Wollemia nobilis) is an example of a small population of a species remaining undetected within 200km of a major population centre. Information can be found at: