Callistemon - Further Information
Most books dealing with Australian native plants will contain useful information on the botany and horticulture of callistemons. There are also a number of Callistemon resources on the internet. Some of the most detailed references are listed below.
- Cornford, C (1999), "Callistemon, Melaleuca, Kunzea, Leptospermum and Other Genera Within the Myrtaceae Family", ANPSA Melaleuca and Allied Genera Study Group. A checklist of species and their performance under cultivation in a range of districts.
- Elliot, W. R and Jones D (1982), "The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants", Vol.2, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- Wrigley, J and Fagg, M (1993), "Bottlebrushes, Paperbarks and Tea Trees", Angus and Robertson, Australia.
Several issues of the Society's journal "Australian Plants" are particularly useful for those interested in Callistemon and related plants.
- Vol 9, Nos.69 and 70 December 1976 and March 1977; A two-part, detailed description of Callistemon, Melaleuca and related plants including a botanical outline of the features of the Myrtaceae.
- Vol 11, No.89 December 1981; Detailed descriptions of most Callistemon species and many cultivars.
- Vol 16, No.125 December 1990; Details of botany of Callistemon and its relatives, propagation, information on cultivars and many photographs.
- Vol 16, No.127 June 1991; Information on related genera (particularly Calothamnus and Melaleuca) with photographs.
- Vol 21, No.168 September 2001; Information on Callistemon and related genera; Growing Callistemon in large pots.
◄◄ Callistemon Index Top ▲