Australian Pea Flowers - Further Information
Most books dealing with Australian native plants will contain useful information on the botany and horticulture of the pea-flowered plants. Some of the most detailed references are listed below.
- Elliot, R and Jones D (1982), The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants, all volumes, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- Symon, D and Jusaitis, M (2007), Sturt Pea, a Most Splendid Plant, Board of the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium, and Department for Environment & Heritage, Government of South Australia, Adelaide.
- Wrigley, J and Fagg, M (1996 - 4th ed), Australian Native Plants, Reed Australia.
Several issues of the Society's journal "Australian Plants" are particularly useful for those interested in the Australian "peas".
- Vol 4, No.35 June 1968: Phyllota; Poison pea flowers.
- Vol 10, No.82 March 1980: Crotalaria.
- Vol 10, No.79 June 1979: Australian Pea-flowers, Their Cultivation; The Plant Family Fabaceae.
- Vol 11, No.86 March 1981: Peaflower Plants of Australia; Psoralea; Glycine.
- Vol 11, No.87 June 1981: Bossiaea and related genera (includes, Platylobium, Hovea, Templetonia, Goodia).
- Vol 11, No.89 December 1981: Sturt's desert pea - history, cultivation and propagation; Grafted desert peas.
- Vol 12, No.95 June 1983: Pultenaea Part 1.
- Vol 12, No.99 June 1984: Pultenaea Part 2.
- Vol 13, No.102 March 1985: Pultenaea Part 3.
- Vol 13, No.106 March 1986: Pultenaea Part 4.
- Vol 13, No.107 June 1986 Pultenaea Part 5.
- Vol 14, No.111 June 1987: Pultenaea Part 6.
- Vol 14, No.112 September 1987: Pultenaea Part 7.
- Vol 14, No.115 June 1988: Pultenaea Part 8.
- Vol 14, No.116 September 1988: Pultenaea Part 9.
- Vol 15, No.119 June 1989: Fabaceae - the Pea-flowered Wildflower Family; Pultenaea Part 10; Gompholobium.
- Vol 15, No.120 September 1989: Pultenaea Part 11.
- Vol 15, No.124 September 1990: Sturt's desert pea.
- Vol 17, No.135 June 1993: Chorizema.
- Vol 17, No.138 March 1994: Burny bean - Mucuna gigantea.
◄◄ Australian Pea Flowers Index Top ▲