Membership is available to members of an ANPSA-affiliated Regional Society. If you are not a member of a Regional Society, please refer to the ANPSA Membership Page for further information on joining.
To join the Wallum and Coastal Heathland Study Group, please send a request using the following form (please note that all fields are mandatory* – you may edit the ‘Message’ field if necessary) :
Wallum and Coastal Heathland Study Group FormSignup form for the Wallum and Coastal Heathland Study Group that sends a notification to the Study Group leader.
The Study Group produces a number of informative newsletters each year documenting reports from the leader and members into cultivation issues, propagation methods, natural occurrences of species found in Wallum and coastal heathland habitats and information on Group meetings and excursions.
Newsletters from Issue 1 onwards are provided here as an archive. (Note: Newsletters are in pdf format and will require a PDF Reader to view them. Free readers include Foxit Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader). More recent newsletters will be uploaded about a year in arrears, so that current Study Group members have privileged access to current content.
These are a few internet and other resources on on Wallum habitat and plant species that might prove useful:
- Carr, Allan (2018), A Field Guide to Native Plants of Bribie Island and nearby coastal South-east Queensland, Caboolture Daytime Branch, Native Plants Queensland.
- Elliot W R and Jones D (1990), The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants, all volumes, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- Harrold, Arthur (1994), Wildflowers of the Noosa Cooloola Area: An Introduction to the Trees and Wildflowers of the Wallum, Noosa Parks Association, Queensland
- Haslam, Stephanie (2011 – third edition), Noosa’s Native Plants, Noosa Integrated Catchment Association, Queensland.
- MacRae, Ian C (1996), Wildflowers of Bribie Island, Bribie Island Environmental Protection Association, Queensland.
- McDonald Elizabeth (1980), Wildflowers Of The Wallum, Boolarong Publications, Ascot, Queensland.