Membership is available to members of an ANPSA-affiliated Regional Society. If you are not a member of a Regional Society, please contact the Society located in your State or Territory for further information.
For more information or to join please send a request using the following form (please note that all fields are mandatory* – you may edit the ‘Message’ field if necessary).
Australian Plants for Containers Study Group FormSignup form for the Australian Plants for Containers Study Group that sends a notification to the Study Group leader.
Regular newsletters are published several times per year to record activities and experiences of Group members in cultivating Australian container plants.
Many of the Group’s newsletters and reports are provided here as an archive. The newsletters are in pdf format and will require a PDF Reader to view them. (Free readers include Foxit Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader).
****Click here to access the Australian Plants for Containers Study Group Newsletters*****
Container Plants Resources
These are a few internet and other resources on cultivating Australian plants in containers that might prove useful.
Most, if not all, of the following are out-of-print but may be available through municipal libraries.
- Blombery, A (1983), Growing Australian Natives in Pots: Indoors & Outdoors, Kangaroo Press, Kenthurst, NSW.
- Blombery, A and Maloney, B (2000), Growing Native Plants for Balconies, Courtyards and Townhouses, Simon & Schuster, Australia.
- Elliot, G (1979), Australian Plants for Small Gardens and Containers, Hyland House, Melbourne.
- Elliot, G (1988), The New Australian Plants for Small Gardens and Containers, Hyland House, Melbourne.
- Molyneux, B & Forrester, S (1986, 1992), Native Gardens in Minature, Australian Plants in Containers, Kangaroo Press, Kenthurst, NSW.
- Ratcliffe, D & P (1987), Australian Plants for Indoors, Little Hills Press.
- Wrigley, J and Fagg, M (1992), Growing Native Plants Indoors, Simon and Schuster, Australia.
Several issues of the Society’s journal “Australian Plants” are particularly useful for those interested in growing potted plants.
- Vol 6, No.48 September 1971; Natives for Window Boxes.
- Vol 12, No.94 March 1983; Australian Plants in Containers.
- Vol 13, No.102 March 1985; House Plants – Proven Natives and Their Care.
- Vol 13, No.107 June 1986; Palms for Containers.
- Vol 13, No.107 June 1986; Potted Plants (Fertilizers and Potting Mixes).
- Vol 14, No.114 March 1988; Waratah as a Container Plant (part of a general article ‘Grow Waratah from Seed to Flower’).
- Vol 15, No.124 September 1990; Sturt’s Desert Pea – A Flowering Pot Plant.
- Vol 19, No.155 June 1998; Daisies as Potted Plants.
- Vol 21, No.168 September 2001; Callistemon – Growing in Large Pots.
- Vol 21, No.169 December 2001; Container Plants for Balconies.
- Best Australian Native Plants for Pots and Containers (from ‘Gardening With Angus’).
- Growing Australian Native Plants in Containers
- Growing Natives in Pots; Gardening Australia Fact Sheet
- Hang ’em High!; Australian plants for hanging baskets
- My Favourite Rainforest Plants for Containers