Membership is available to members of an ANPSA-affiliated Regional Society. If you are not a member of a Regional Society, please refer to the ANPSA Membership Page for further information on joining.
For more information or to join the Study Group, please send a request using the following form (please note that all fields are mandatory* – you may edit the ‘Message’ field if necessary).
Isopogon and Petrophile Study Group FormSignup form for the Isopogon and Petrophile Study Group that sends a notification to the Study Group leader.
Regular newsletters are published several times per year. The newsletters provide a forum for Group members to discuss and record activities and experiences in cultivating and propagating Isopogon and Petrophile species, keeping up to date on scientific knowledge of the genus and reporting on field trips to various parts of Australia.
Newsletters published over recent years are available for download.
The Study Group produces informative newsletters each year documenting reports from members into cultivation issues in various climatic zones, propagation methods, natural occurrences of different species and information on Group meetings and excursions. The following newsletters are available for download (Note: These are in pdf format and will require a PDF Reader to view them. Free readers include Foxit Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader).
More recent Newsletters will be uploaded about a year in arrears, so that current Study Group members have privileged access to current content.
You can search the contents of the newsletters using the Search box above.
A small compilation of books, journals and internet resources on Isopogon and Petrophile.
These are a few internet and other resources on Isopogon and Petrophile:
- Elliot, W. R and Jones D (1990), The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants, Vol.5, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- Elliot, W. R and Jones D (1997), The Encyclopaedia of Australian Plants, Vol.7, Lothian Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Melbourne.
- George, A.S (1984). An Introduction to the Proteaceae of Western Australia, Kangaroo Press, Kenthurst.
- Wrigley, J and Fagg, M (1989), Banksias, Waratahs and Grevilleas, Collins Publishers Australia.
Several issues of the Society’s journal “Australian Plants” are particularly useful for those interested in Banksia.
- Vol 6, No.46 March 1971; Isopogon (western)
- Vol 13, No.104 September 1985; Isopogon and Petrophile of New South Wales.
- Vol 13, No.104 September 1985; Isopogon and Petrophile from Seed.
- Vol 19, No.149 December 1996; Petrophile (Conesticks) – a comprehensive guide to the genus.
- Esperance Wildflowers – Descriptions and photographs for several Western Australian species of Isopogon.
- Esperance Wildflowers – Descriptions and photographs for several Western Australian species of Petrophile.
- Growing Native Plants – a series of plant profiles by the Australian National Botanic Gardens; includes a number of Isopogon species.
- Isopogon and Petrophile – an introduction to the two genera
- Isopogon and Petrophile – another introduction to the two genera
- Isopogon and Petrophile in Seed Notes for Western Australia – pdf document covering geographic distribution and habitat, reproductive biology, seed collection and germination – not just Western Australian species.
- Isopogon fletcheri – a vulnerable species from the Blue Mountains
Profiles of a number of Isopogon and Petrophile species have been incorporated into the Photo Gallery of the main ANPSA website.
Each profile includes a photograph and information on:
- Natural distribution