The Group issued regular newsletters documenting cultivation reports from members and describing propagation methods, successes and failures. The newsletters also aimed to keep members up to date on scientific knowledge and reported on other matters affecting the rainforest ecology.
The group’s newsletters are provided as an archive. (Note: Newsletters are in pdf format and will require a PDF Reader to view them. Free readers include Foxit Reader and Adobe Acrobat Reader).
These are a few internet and other resources on Brachychiton and its relatives that might prove useful – including books and internet links.
- Kapitany, A (2011), Australian Bottle Trees and Boabs, published by the author, Boronia, Victoria.
- Rathie, K (2014), Brachychitons: Flame Trees, Kurrajongs and Bottle Trees, published by the author, Toowoomba, Queensland.
Several issues of the Society’s journal “Australian Plants” are particularly useful for those interested in Brachychiton and allies. The following articles are particularly relevant for Brachychiton – articles on other genera in the Sterculioideae can be located using the indexes to ‘Australian Plants’ that can be downloaded from the main Resources menu.
- Vol 1, No.9 December 1961; The Genus Brachychiton.
- Vol 21, No.172 September 2002; Brachychiton bidwillii – an under-exploited species.
- Vol 25, No.198 March 2009; Queensland Bottle Tree for Cranbourne – transplanting a mature tree.
- Bottle Trees – Fact Sheet – from ‘Gardening Australia’
- Brachychiton bidwillii: Little Kurrajong
- Brachychiton populneus – Kurrajong – from the National Botanic Gardens
- Lasiopetalum, Thomasia and Guichenotia (pdf)
- The Ormeau Bottle Tree (Brachychiton sp.)
- Thomasias and Their Close Relatives
- Thomasia for the Garden (pdf)